Giving, Saving and Investing Jars for my kids
Parenting idea about allowance and budgeting jars:
– Giving my kids a places to put their allowance.
– We use a glass jars so they can separate it into different categories and see the coins add up.
– Give, share or Donate 10% to a charity or church.
– Giving to others helps my kids appreciate what we have and it’s an important financial lesson for them to learn.
– We save 10% for retirement. (Open a savings account with them when the jar fills up.)
– We invest 10% for getting a special toy or more expensive item. (as they get older they’ll learn about long term investment, like a car, house, etc. to show how teach investing is different from delayed spending)
– We put a picture on the jar of what the money is going to.